Mary Rogers is a registered Clinical Psychologist.
Mary has a passion for understanding and managing depression and anxiety.
“Life can often feel so lonely. Like our ‘joy-dial’ is turned down, or a heaviness is weighing us down, making it feel almost impossible to feel a real sense of joy and excitement. At times it feels like there’s a tightness in the stomach or like we don’t even know WHAT we actually feel at all!! If this is how you feel, you are not alone – come in and let’s chat.”
Mary has an in-depth understanding and knowledge of these types of feelings and emotions.
Mary offers support, counselling, guidance and coaching for men and women, couples, adolescents, children and families.
Areas dealt with include:
- Anxiety and depression: gaining control of and reducing the impact of stress on your life,
- Dealing with traumatic and difficult life experiences • Improving parent/child communication: coping with ‘willful’ children
- Becoming the person you really want to be – letting go of the past
- Understanding yourself better • Improving relationships with others: Couples, parent/child, teenager, family, friends etc
- Teenage pressures and issues
- Coping with illness or disability related stresses
- Preparing for death and end of life issues
- Grieving / coping with loss
- Dealing with abuse or unhappy childhood experiences
- Attaining physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing and peace
*** Mary is a Certified BWRT® Practitioner.
‘BWRT®’ : ‘BrainWorking Recursive Therapy®’. BWRT® is a new, highly effective therapy.
In addition to Psychology, Mary is a qualified Life coach and Nursing Sister, with a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from UKZN. Mary has worked in a variety of clinical settings, including private practice, out-patient clinic facilities, inpatient care facilities, community mental health settings, university counselling centers and children’s homes. Mary has experienced various hospital environments, having worked as a clinical psychologist at several hospital complexes within and around KwaZulu Natal including; Greys Hospital, Addington Hospital, King Edward Hospital and King Dinizulu Hospital Complex.
Mary is also no stranger to the business world, as she worked in the pharmaceutical industry for over 15 years.
More about Mary Rogers
Mary Rogers has been married for 25 years and she is the proud mother of two delightful daughters. While Mary devotes much of her time to her patients and her family, some of her favourite moments are spent in nature. She loves to sit quietly…, just to listen.., to watch.., to feel and… to reflect Peace from above.