Positive affirmations affirm your positive beliefs about yourself and about your life. They can be used to affirm specific goals and dreams. (Here they would describe the dream or goal in its “already completed” state.)
Affirmations help you to attract feelings and emotions that you want to poses. Feelings of joy, happiness, exhilaration, success, confidence, inner peace, gratitude etc.
Examples of positive affirmations:
- I am excited to be alive
- My life is abundant in so many ways
- I surround myself with LIGHT and LOVE
- I am divinely guided and protected
- I am loved
- I am grateful – I am blessed
- I make a difference in the world
- My body is getting stronger, slimmer and healthier every day.
These affirmations aim at reprogramming your brain. You begin to become more focused on where you are going and who you are becoming in the world. You also begin to become more aware of what you need to do to get there.
- Start these personal affirmations with “I”, “My” or “We”.
- Keep them positive, avoid using the word “not”
- Keep them in present tense “Now!”
- Repeat your affirmations 3 x Per day
- Work with a few at a time
- Say them aloud
- Close your eyes and visualize yourself as the affirmation describes
- Feel the emotions that you would experience, when you achieve the specific goal.
Mary Rogers is a registered Clinical Psychologist based at FEMINA HEALTH – for appointments, speak to reception.